Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back to School


Tomorrow is the first day of school. It used to be that this was more exciting when we were younger. We would get new school supplies, backpacks, clothes, shoes and a new teacher and classmates. Now we get new books which drain our wallets, specific classes for specific majors, classes are less fun with no recess or nap time, and there seems to be a lot more work. But the feeling is still the same. 98 percent excited 2 percent scared, or 98 percent scared and 2 percent excited, who knows? I would say I am more excited than scared because I am finally getting into the classes that make sense for my major and actually apply. I have also been getting bored these last few weeks of summer with not a lot of work to do, and no more vacations. Jane is in her last semester of class before she student teaches this winter and then she is all done! She is excited, but pretty nervous to be on her last leg of college before a "real job." So in preparation for this coming school year we have made some investments to make our time at BYU a little more enjoyable. First and most importantly Jane has recently purchased her very first BYU sweatshirt! While I wouldn't quite call her a superfan just yet, this is big step in the right direction. Prior to marrying me, her only piece of BYU fan gear was one shirt, and it was RED! Who does that? But since our marriage she has come a long way . . . staying for all of the quarters of a football game (even arriving early), standing in line to get good seats for basketball, and she even went to the Cougar Kickoff and met some of the players. The other big investment is a new desktop computer. Jane's laptop finally gave up the ghost after numerous times to revive it we found a sweet deal on a computer at Wal-Mart. Now we have two working computers so school will be much easier not having to go to labs, or my worst fear, having to share mine with Jane! Anyways school will be another adventure as we are getting closer to graduation. We are excited for another semester!

5 comments:

  1. Nice post Kenny....see you can find something to talk about :) and yeah....who gets a red BYU shirt. That is wierd! I wish I had enjoyed more of my "BYU" experience when I was there so "milk" it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love it. Who buys a red BYU shirt? And as you can tell from the picture, school obviously hasn't started yet since Jane is just playing cards on the computer... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to both of you this semester, I know you'll do great! It was so fun to see you both at the reunion, we need to plan another get-together sometime really soon.

    hugs,
    aunt cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute picture. Glad to read about the new school year. Keep up the good work and good grades--both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my bad. i just saw this post. yeah love that Jane is playing Solitaire on the computer. you guys really must've been bored...

    ReplyDelete