Monday, November 23, 2009

Rivalry Week and...Moustaches.



So finally the big game that we have all been waiting for is here. For those of you that don't know, I currently write for BYU's newspaper, covering the football team. A perfect job for the Cougarfanatic that I am. This week is the Utah game. With both teams having identical records, and nothing to play for other than bragging rights, this game always brings the most hype of the year. Needless to say we are excited. Even Jane, the up and coming Cougar fan is gearing up for the big weekend. She even made Cougar cupcakes this week (although my original suggestion was simply cake, which I prefer...) My stories are always on BYU's newspaper website, byunewsnet.com and occasionally they get posted on Cougarfan.com We all know my lack of love for Utah, so I am hoping for a good showing this year. A lot of leaders on the team are seniors so we hope they come out fired up and dominate. In other news, November has apparently become Movember...the month where you grow a moustache. I was recently informed of this so I had a delayed start, about a week ago, but it is coming along nicely. Jane is greatly opposed to this idea, but with other friends in on this, I can't back out sheesh. The professor I work for referred to it as a "molestache." Clever. Anywho, it is disgusting, but funny, and I have a goal to keep letting it go until December 1st. Happy Thanksgiving, and Go Cougars.

5 comments:

  1. Cute, cute cupcakes Jane. I guess the mustache is cute, as far as mustaches go. I am SO glad to have a son who is a BYU fanatic! Keep up the great sportswriting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha glad to see MOVEMBER has made it all the way back to Utah. Here they do it as a fundraiser for like mens health or something. But I had to submit to the "no mustaches" rule in my house (regardless of any applicable charitable causes). BYU 38 Utards 28

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah..I'm with you on the cupcake thing. For some reason I'm just not a fan of cupcakes but I love cake! don't get me wrong. They are cute :) I agree with Jane though on the mustache thing. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whatev. the stash is awesome!! i think you should keep it till Christmas. how cool would that be?

    ReplyDelete